- May 21st, 12:30pm. Joint Seminar BCCC-CURE/Chemistry Department. Prof. Sherri McFarland (Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Arlington, US) “Tackling Cancer and Infection with Light-Responsive Molecules.” Hosted by Professor Maria Contel.
- April 30th, 12:30pm. Dr. Amanda Marin-Chollom (Assistant Professor of Psychology, Central Connecticut University.) “Latina Breast Cancer Survivorship Within The Context of the Family.” Hosted by Professor Maria Contel.
- April 16th, 12:30pm. Dr. Abraham Aragones (Assistant Attending/Assistant Professor, Immigrant Health and Cancer Disparities Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center) –“Addressing Cancer Health Disparities Through Community Interventions” Hosted by Prof. Jennifer Basil.
- April 9th, 12:30pm. Prof. Laura Reigada (Psychology Department, Brooklyn College) “Assessment, Impact and Treatment of Health-Anxiety” and at 1:00 pm Prof. Nilesh Zaware (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Chemistry Department, Brooklyn College) “Small Molecule Activators of Protein Phosphatase 2A for the Treatment of Cancer.” Hosted by Prof. Jennifer Basil.
- March 19th, 11:00am. Joint Seminar Friedman Lecture (Chemistry Department) and BCCC- CURE. Prof, Angela Casini (Chair of Medicinal and Bioinorganic Chemistry, Technical University of Munich, Germany). “Frontiers in Bioinorganic Chemistry: Knowledge of Mechanisms Drives Discoveries Towards Biomedical Applications”- Hosted by Prof. Maria Contel.
- March 5th, 12:30pm. Prof. Jorge Matias Caviglia (Health and Nutrition Sciences Department, Brooklyn College) “Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Old and New Disease Mechanisms” and at 1:00pm Prof. Xinyin Jiang (Health and Nutrition Sciences Department, Brooklyn College) “Nutrition for cancer prevention and treatment.” Hosted by Prof. Brian Gibney.
- February 26th, 12:45pm. Sushant Kachhap, PhD. (Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Prostate Cancer/Genitourologic Program, Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center). “Supraphysiological Testosterone: Engaging the Immune System in Prostate Cancer.” Hosted by Prof. Anjana Saxena.
- February 19th, 12:45pm. Dr. Melissa B. Davis (Assistant Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology, Department of Surgery, Scientific Director of the International Center for the Study of Breast Cancer Subtypes, Weill Cornell Medical College) “Investigating the Role of Genetic Ancestry as a Biological Determinant of Breast Cancer Disparities Among Race Groups” – Hosted by Prof. Anjana Saxena.
- February 5th, 12:30pm. Prof. Mara Schvarzstein (Biology Department, Brooklyn College) “Polyploidy and cancer: Can the worm help find new cancer diagnosis or treatment?” and at 1:00pm Prof. Devorah Kletenik (Computer & and Information Science Department, Brooklyn College) “Reducing the Costs of Using Medical Diagnostic Classifiers: Algorithms for Decision Making with Uncertainty.” Hosted by Prof. Jennifer Basil.
- January 29th, 12:30pm. Prof. Mariana Torrente (Chemistry Department, Brooklyn College) – “A Missing Piece of the Puzzle: Aberrant Histone Modification Landscape in Neurodegenerative Disease” and at 1:00pm Aneta Mieszawska, (Chemistry Department, Brooklyn College) “Peptide-coated nanoparticles as cancer nanomedicine.” Hosted by Prof. Brian Gibney
- January 22nd, 12:30pm. Prof. Shaneen Singh (Biology Department, Brooklyn College) “Nucleolin -miRNA interactions in breast cancer: An in sillico modeling and miRNA-protein docking study” and at 1:00pm Prof. Jennifer Drake (Psychology Department, Brooklyn College) “The emotional benefits of engaging in the arts.” Hosted by Prof. Maria Contel
- December 18th, 12:30-1:30pm. Prof. Guillermo Gerona-Navarro, “Bisthioether Stapled Peptides as Allosteric Inhibitors of PRC2 function,” and Prof. Anjana Saxena “Sensing cellular stress: RNA-binding proteins in gene expression and cancer the’RBP’eutics”
- December 4th, 11AM-12:00pm. Prof. Ryan Murelli, “News Advances in Tropolone Synthesis and their Applications to Cancer-Related Research”
- November 20th, 12:30-1:30pm. Prof. Nicolas Biais, “From infectious diseases to Cancer: an introduction to Mechanobiology”
- November 13th, 12:30-1:30pm. Prof. Maria Contel, “Unconventional Metal-Based Drugs as Potential Therapeutic Treatments for Breast Cancer”
- October 30th, 12:30-1:30pm. Prof. Alexander Greer, “Multistage Oxidative Events: Deciphering Mechanisms Downstream from Photooxidative Reactions”
- October 16th, 12:30AM-1:30pm. Joint Seminar. Dr. Steve Klotz, Former Head of Infectious Diseases for the Arizona Cancer Center, and Prof. Peter Lipke (BCCC-CURE, Brooklyn College). “Cancer, Candida, and Functional Amyloid: What are their Connections?”
- October 9th, 12:30AM-1:30pm. Prof. Brian Gibney “Insights into zinc-induced protein folding in human cancer transcription factors” and Prof. Emilio Gallicchio “Molecular modeling and high-performance computing applications in structure-based drug discovery”