Upcoming Grant Writing Training:
- February 05, 2021 • 12- 1PM, Public and Open Access Mandates from Funders – Training providing by CUNY (Office of Research)
This CUNY Funding Fridays webinar will support faculty researchers to comply with public and open access mandates from federal and private funders, addressing the fundamentals of open access, key issues to include in grant proposals, and tools to support compliance.
Register for the webinar here.
- February 22 / February 25, 2021 • 4:00 – 4:50PM & March 01, 2021 • 3:00- 3:50pm – Training providing by NIH
NIH Grant Writing Coaching Groups Information Sessions The Leadership Alliance offers the opportunity to join a grant writing coaching group that will support that grant writing process with coaching from experts in the NIH grant writing process, as well as peer feedback from other grant writers in the groups. The coaching groups begin in the summer with an intensive workshop focused on the specific aims page of your application and continues through the academic year with group feedback sessions until grants are submitted.
These information sessions will go over the application process, the program calendar, and what to expect from the program. Register for an information session here.
- Wednesdays, Spring 2021 • 9 -11:40AM Grantsmanship and Developing a Research Proposal – Training providing by CUNY (Office of Research)
This course will take on the format of an interactive workshop to introduce students to the art of research proposal development, grant writing, and grant proposal review. The course will provide useful techniques for developing hypothesis-driven grant proposals for submission to funding sources. This course will be taught by Dr. Eleanore Wurtzel.
Detailed course description and registration information can be found here.
- March 23, 2021 – March 25, 2021 University of Kentucky Interactive Mentoring to Enhance Research Skills (IMERS) – Training providing by the University of Kentucky
Join on March 23 – 25 for a focused virtual workshop that will delve into key pre-submission considerations for your next NIH grant application. Details for this event are outlined on this printable flyer. Individual sessions for this event will not be recorded and disseminated for asynchronous viewing, so please plan to join for the live events. – Registration Deadline: 18 Feb 2021
The Zoom meeting link can be found here
Other Upcoming Training:
- February 04, 2021 • 3:00 – 4:00PM Perspectives on the intersection of Implementation Science and Epidemiology – Training providing by CUNY The Graduate Center and Lehman College
This session highlights intersections between epidemiology and implementation science, exploring the mutual benefit of fields coming together. This webinar will offer conceptual and empirical connections for epidemiologists not well versed in IS and encourage those working in IS to consider how epidemiology can complement their work as they strive to form teams of diverse and complementary expertise.
Register for the webinar here.
- February 19, 2021 • 2:00PM Science Op-Ed Writing Bootcamp – Training providing by CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC)
This February Science Op-ed Writing Bootcamp from the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC) will take you through the elements of creating a compelling opinion piece that informs and helps the public take actions to ensure that science improves their lives and the planet.
Register for this event here.